1. The Call of God—or My Mother? “Vocation,” 1961-62
2. Schools for Scandal: The Role of Seminaries in the Abuse Crisis
3. A World Apart: Upholland College, 1962-63
4. Boys (and Men) of the Cloth: Four Centuries of the Seminary System
5. Tranquility, then Turmoil: Upholland College, 1963-65
6. Descent into Evil: How Priests Became Abusers
7. Changing Times: Upholland College, 1965-69
8. Swung by the Sixties? Understanding the Abuse Epidemic
Copyright © 2012 by Hamilton Books
Image © Michael Kenna, reproduced with permission.
The east wing of Upholland College, which housed the senior (major) seminarians, most of whom were aged from 18 to 24. The field in the foreground, known as "The Quarry," was the main recreation area for the seminary's youngest students, aged 11-14.